- You must be signed in to see the entire forum -
- Contains adult content must be over the age of 18 to join -

HomeFAQLog inRegister

Share | 

For those of you who are new here and might be lost.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Seneschal Nemesis
Admin

PostSubject: For those of you who are new here and might be lost.    8/25/2010, 7:32 am

Greetings. I am Nemmie. Welcome to the Nyxares forum and to the stories you will be joining if you wish it.

For those of you who might be a bit lost on where to start. I will be explaining a few things here for you, but keep in mind before you join or read this forum. There is adult content to some of these sections so if you are not 18 years of age or older. You should not be here, with that being said.

The forum itself is cut up into four sections. Introduction, Information, In Character and Out of Character.

Introduction, is just a bit of a guide to help you along into what sections you post what into. It also has the OOC rules of this Nyxares Empire.

Information Section, has what it suggests in its title, guides and information. One part that it has, is for the roleplayers themselves so that they can post to share information they might have accquired and think will be useful to others. Whether it be language translators, information about moon phases, telekinesis, or even just plain history. . They post anything they want if they think it could help better roleplay for others and characters that might need to know things. It is a informational section only. Not really an interactive forum where people chat. Its for sharing.

The information section also has indepth looks about the rooms you roleplay in, in imvu. Telling you more detailed information that your character might be able to know and even the OOC rules about each individual room.

Amongest the roleplay information sharing, is a section where I post roleplay books themselves. For those of you who have seen the Character Building Systems and aren't sure what that is, and haven't looked inside it. That is where I post chapters from books. Roleplay books to be specific. Werewolf: The apocalypse, for example at the request of Hayate. I might be posting Vampire: The masquerade in the future. These books in particular are roleplay gaming books published by White-Wolf, they are stories varying about different stories and differens species. They are usually used as guides by freestyle roleplayers.

In Character Section, is where you post all your IC stories and roleplays that might have happened in IMVU that you want to share. This is the only section you may write your creative stories to.

In the In character section, there are many forums that I hope I have described well enough for you to know what each area is and where to post but, if not I will guide you a little more here..so you know where you might need to get started.

Whether you are creating a modern day character to bring into Nyxares, or one that already exists in the outside world beyond the barrier that protects Nyxares.

Please keep in mind, Nyxares is in its own separate realm. The way the barrier, and its own reality were created most do not know, but they do know that no modern technology works here, no guns or vehicles of any sort get past the protective barrier..

The way you could find yourself here could be random and very odd. The typical way people get to Nyxares is through wormholes. Invisible rifts in reality that take you from point A to point B. So one minute you can be running through the woods in a bright cheerful park, and the next you are in some forboding part of Erebus forest. Or you could be just walking down a street see a weird shimmer to the air, and get sucked in.

Where the rifts appear can be random, but always...always they will drop you into Erebus Forest. Not always the same location in Erebus, but always in it none the less.

So if you are in the outside world and wanting to do your first post about getting into the empire, if its the post about falling into Nyxares.. -The lands of Nyxares- is where you should be posting, because Erebus is where you will end up.

If you are building up to it, maybe want to post about your character's life a little bit in the modern world or where ever it is you were before coming here first, you can post it in - Beyond the Barrier - that is where all posts go if you are posting stories outside of Nyxares completely.

Even if your charater lives outside of Nyxares and never joins the empire, but you want to still write here. Thats fine, you do not have to be a resident or part of the empire to have to roleplay with us.

If you are wanting to become apart of the empire and not yet established a character. Not all characters have to be born to the modern world. If you would prefer to be a resident of the empire, born inside the barrier and having never been outside. We do not have issues with that, we ask though you do speak to us first if that is the choice you are going to take.

Out of character section, this is where players post about their character biographies, share character art or whatever art they choose to in the gallery forum, or even if just they need to talk out of character about their roleplays or even not about roleplay at all. This is the section to do it in, and the only one.

If you ever have any questions on what to do, how to get started, where to post. . Please feel free to ask me or any one else you might feel comfortable speaking to. We are here to help you and guide you until you can find yourself around on your own.

If I might have missed anything you think you may need to know, you may post any questions here if you wish, and we will respond.

-Nemmie

Last edited by The Seneschal Nemesis on 9/26/2010, 1:01 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://nyxares.forumotion.com
Seiichi
Onogoro Pack Member

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who are new here and might be lost.    8/26/2010, 1:17 am

You should make a separate section for this, as in a category called START HERE or FIRST STOP

this way the information is placed directly where new comers can find it. Also put it where guests can view it so they know, and won't have to register to the forum just to read how to land in Nyxares. Because not everyone who plays in Nyxares is part of the Empire and might just be visiting from other /rps or rooms.
Back to top Go down
http://avatars.imvu.com/HIDETOSHIxSEIICHI
The Seneschal Nemesis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who are new here and might be lost.    8/26/2010, 9:52 am

Forum now re-organized. I hope this suits things better, and thank you for the suggestion.

-Nemmie
Back to top Go down
http://nyxares.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those of you who are new here and might be lost.    

Back to top Go down

For those of you who are new here and might be lost.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nyxares :: Introduction Section :: Welcome to the Nyxares forums-
Jump to: